Creating table of summarized org-mode result fields in column view "repo

From: Daryl Manning
Subject: Creating table of summarized org-mode result fields in column view "report"
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 12:46:20 +0800

I keep a daily log file where there are some summarize colon delimited files each day inserted via a template (from Alfred's snippet feature).

``` org-mode
* 2020-03-11 Wed
** 07:37 Log 2020-03-12 Wed                                             :logs:
*** The  Day

This:         ??
That:        --
Other:      ???
Thing:      ???
Highlights:    ???
```

I would like to parse certain of the daily field entries, into by-day colunmnar entries in desc ending order into an org column view "chart" if it's possible so that I can easily visually parse how those things went each day (sure, org-table might work too but this seemed cleaner and more visually appropriate if possible.

```
| Day     |   This  |  That   | Other  | Thing |  Highlights  |
```
spaced widely across the screen. Effectively, a columnar report of the dayes and the "fields"  (I'll worry about monthly views etc after the basics sorted... =] ).

I imagine someone has already done something similar but googling has not given joy (possibly my google-fu needs work) in terms of finding something already existing other than a way to do something vaguely similar for pdf output (whereas I am thinking of it more like a sort of agenda report as it were.

Can anyone point me to something similar already? (and is this even possible with column view instead of say, turning it into an org-table within a buffer. Would appreciate advice on how to approach this if it is something I need to write from scratch as konwledge of org-mode internals is, at best, weak (ahem... =p ).

thanks!
Daryl.