Re: Bug: HTML not formatted correctly from R source code block [9.3.6 (9

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: Bug: HTML not formatted correctly from R source code block [9.3.6 (9.3.6-23-g01ee25-elpaplus @ /home/opdfa/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200309/)]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 17:17:48 -0700

Hi Steve,

Steven Delean <address@hidden> writes:

> HTML table produced from a source code block (using R code) does not display
> because html code is not formatted correctly in the exported html output.

I believe this is the same issue as reported here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-02/msg00267.html

Though, that thread was for ":session" blocks, and it's unclear whether
you're using session or non-session evaluation here.

Anyways, that thread suggests that ":results value html" works
correctly, does switching to that work for you?

If I'm correct, the basic problem is that ob-R tries to remove
interactive shell prompts like ">" from the output. This can also cause
other problems. I think it can be fixed by changing ob-R to use
`ess-eval-region' to evaluate code, I'll try to submit a patch for this
after 9.4 is released.