Re: results block doesn't get replaced when doing :results raw

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: results block doesn't get replaced when doing :results raw
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 16:30:48 -0400

George Mauer <address@hidden> writes:

> I've seen this happening a lot in a variety of modes. When I do `:results
> raw`, on subsequent
> evaluations, rather than replacing the results block, it gets appended to.
>
> This is almost never what I want. I remember seeing some use of `:results raw
> replace` in some manual
> or another but that never really seems to work for me.
>
> Is there a property or something that can be set to always replace?

That's expected: with `:results raw', org-babel does not know where
the results end, since there is no marker, so it cannot clear them
before producing the new results  - it just puts them right after the
`#+RESULTS:' line.

Why are you using `raw'? Can you use some other format (e.g. `drawer'
or `example') instead?

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler