RE: File Scoped Properties?

From: Gustav Wikström
Subject: RE: File Scoped Properties?
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 22:53:54 +0000

Hi Tim,

First you must make sure to allow property inheritance. That can be done by setting org-attach-use-inheritance to t. Then add the DIR property to a property block for the file, or using a property keyword. I.e. either this:

#+begin_src org

  :PROPERTIES:

  :DIR:      ~/.foo/data

  :END:

#+end_src

#+begin_src org

  ,#+PROPERTY DIR ~/.foo/data

#+end_src

Running org-attach with option s will give you a prompt that will set DIR for you. If you invoke that before first headline it should result in a DIR property that applies for the whole buffer (when org-attach-use-inheritance is set to t that is). Note that property blocks before first headline is a new feature for version 9.4 and currently only exist in the master branch.

Regards

Gustav