Re: Bug: org-indent-region doesn't restore cursor position when org-src-

From: Sébastien Miquel
Subject: Re: Bug: org-indent-region doesn't restore cursor position when org-src-tab-acts-natively is t [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 21:24:14 +0100

Hi Bastien,

Thank you again for looking into this. I guess you couldn't find an easy fix.

This bug is quite the pain, since it gets triggered by the comment-line function: every time I try to comment something, the cursor goes to the beginning of the block.

With org-src-tab-acts-natively being set to t by default, it may impact a lot of people.

Sorry to be nagging you, my elisp-fu is barely above kill/yank level, but I'm still curious why save-excursion seemingly isn't doing its job here.

Hi Sébastien,

yes, the initial fix was wrong.

The current behavior when the region is active in a src block is to
indent the whole source block, which is not what the user expect.  The
problem with the cursor going back to the beginning of the block comes
on top of this (bigger?) problem.

I could not find a proper fix yet, I will try later this week.

Thanks,