Re: Incident tracking

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Incident tracking
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 17:28:16 +0100

Lawrence

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 09:26:06AM -0600, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:
> I can see that an "incident" can be seen as a TODO; indeed, anything event
> can start as a TODO, then move on in status to one of your other
> org-todo-keyword entries. Question: When I start the TODO process, and then
> update the status, once or more times, finally, perhaps with DONE, is there
> a record of this "Werdegang," this process?

You can set Org to capture the timestamp when you change the item to DONE.

As a consultant I frequently timestamp all of my work by inserting an inactive
timestamp each time I switch tasks or return to the computer. That way in the
agenda view I can review what happened and when.

If you are more interested in automated time reporting, Org has options for that
too. See clock-in and clock-out.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden