Re: Need Guidance in developing and generating code using org-mode

From: Leslie Watter
Subject: Re: Need Guidance in developing and generating code using org-mode
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 16:18:17 -0300

Hi Kokou,

See below ;-)

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 3:46 PM KOKOU AFIDEGNON <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Here is my sample org entry which i want to build a website for.

  2. ** Design
  3. *My Sample design attempt*
  4. The journey has been quite long coupled with heuristic approaches
  5. This is an attempt to generate an html file from my blog written in
  6. org-mode.
  7. * Archives
  8. ** By Categories
  9. ** By Date
  10. ** By Author
  11. * Account
  13. - username
  14. - password
  15. - email
  16. - Gender
  18. - Username
  19. - Password
  20. ** Activate
  21. ** Logout

I have been able to to export using C-c C-e h o

  • How do i insert my personal template with custom CSS and JS?

CSS: you'll need to read:  https://orgmode.org/manual/CSS-support.html#CSS-support
but basically add:

#+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="" />
#+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA: <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="" />

_javascript_: https://orgmode.org/manual/_javascript_-support.html#_javascript_-support

  • Under Register, and Login heading, How do i generate html forms which will post entries to specific destinations? and also generate code for capturing the data?
To use forms, you'll probably will use raw HTML:

https://orgmode.org/manual/Quoting-HTML-tags.html#Quoting-HTML-tags

  • How do i link Activate and Logout heading to custom urls?

To change headline links you'll need to read: https://orgmode.org/org.html#Headlines-in-HTML-export

Headlines are exported to ‘<h1>’, ‘<h2>’, etc. Each headline gets the ‘id’ attribute from ‘CUSTOM_ID’ property, or a unique generated value, see Internal Links.

When org-html-self-link-headlines is set to a non-nil value, the text of the headlines is also wrapped in ‘<a>’ tags. These tags have a ‘href’ attribute making the headlines link to themselves.

You'll have to put an CUSTOM_ID to the custom url you'll need

I m finding hard grasping orgmode i will be grateful if you can help elucidate.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

LEslie

--