Re: Best strategy for sharing agenda between two machines?

From: Günter Lichtenberg
Subject: Re: Best strategy for sharing agenda between two machines?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 18:12:31 +0100

On Monday, 24 February 2020 22:04:52 CET Stig Brautaset wrote:
> I could use a different default agenda file for each machine, since the
> inbox.org is worst affected. Is anyone doing this? I could extend this
> to use {work,home}_tasks.org too, but I kinda like having that "neither
> @work nor @home" option... Decisions decisions.

Hi

probably not want you want, since it is not a pure emacs solution (maybe could
be adapted). For my org agenda files I have the following set-up:

1. One directory ("DIR1") with a collection of org agenda files that are parsed
at work and at home

2. One directory ("DIR2") I use only for work (since I am not allowed to store
work related things on outside servers)

3. Host specific emacs config files that declare the agenda files separately
for
each host (home machines and work machines) The functions for these  are more
or less those from E. Schultes 24.1 emacs starter kit. in these config files
only the settings that differ between hosts are in, all other config is
identical for the different machines.

4. Sync only DIR1 via my nextcloud server with the desktop sync client.

So, at work machine I have all agenda files DIR1 + DIR2. DIR1 also includes
diary and the refile file (set-up similar to B. Hansen). At home I have only
the
DIR1 files synced

So in a nut-shell, this set-up requires additional host specific config,
separation of org directories work/home and a file syncer (the set-up might
work with git, but I never tried that).

Maybe this gives some idea, even if not what you look for
gl