Building MWE DEBUG.org template file

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Building MWE DEBUG.org template file
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 10:48:39 -0800

Hello,

I'm trying to build a DEBUG.org that makes it easy to share MWEs of bugs I run
across in Emacs packages. I'd like it to load the latest Org mode by default.
Then for any given bug I load the needed packages, configure them, and
demonstrate the bug.

Right now when I run the attached file, the first time I run it everything
appears to work correctly. It installs Org from melpa into a temporary elpa
folder, and the output of

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value :noweb yes
<<init_emacs>>
<<init_org>>
(org-version nil t)
#+END_SRC

is:

#+RESULTS:
: Org mode version 9.3.6 (9.3.6-4-gdfa7a3-elpaplus @
/home/kdm/.emacs.d/DEBUG/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200217/)

But when I load the file a second time in a clean emacs session (i.e.
/usr/bin/emacs -Q ~/.emacs.d/DEBUG.org & ), then the Org version is incorrect,
and I see:

#+RESULTS:
: Org mode version 9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @
/home/kdm/.emacs.d/DEBUG/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200217/)

Can anyone explain what I'm doing incorrectly in the attached file?

Thanks,

  -k.