Re: Bug or not a bug? dot expansion in ob-shell

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Bug or not a bug? dot expansion in ob-shell
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 14:13:37 +0100

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Nobis <address@hidden> writes:

> The downside would be that many existing Org documents needs to be
> fixed (but maybe it would be not too hard to automate the adjustments)
> and some source blocks may become a little more verbose.

Yes, backward-compatibilities issues, verbosity, and a non-functional
default are problematic.

I think we will have a better view on what is a sensible default after
we try to document the current behavior for the main languages.

Also, such a documentation page will be useful even after we change
the defaults, if we do this.

--
 Bastien