Re: Bug or not a bug? dot expansion in ob-shell

From: Stefan Nobis
Subject: Re: Bug or not a bug? dot expansion in ob-shell
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 10:50:17 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> I agree we should have a discussion on whether :results value is a
> good default.

What about a third collection option 'none' and make this the default?

This would emphasize that there is no sensible default for all babel
languages, users and use cases. Users would be forced to explicitly
select either the 'value' or 'output' option, which also helps
reproducibility a little bit (explicit is better than implicit).

The downside would be that many existing Org documents needs to be
fixed (but maybe it would be not too hard to automate the adjustments)
and some source blocks may become a little more verbose.

Just my 2ยข.

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.