Re: Survey: changing a few default settings for Org 9.4

From: Archenoth
Subject: Re: Survey: changing a few default settings for Org 9.4
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 14:28:57 -0700

Yes! Thank you Bastien!

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 10:26 AM Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Also, my question is still open: is there any strong reason to provide,
> out of the box, two template mechanisms in Org? This is genuine
> question.

No, there is no good reason for two template mechanism, and if we can
rely on org-insert-structure-template only, while still being able to
complete <* at the beginning of the line, that'd be perfect to me.

I definitely agree with this.

I voted (slightly late) for having org-tempo in org-modules--not out of any love of org-tempo itself, but more because it feels to me like an extremely natural way to create blocks.
The tab key is extremely easy to hit, and having a fully formed block created by typing a short string of characters makes the tab-completion lizard-part of my brain happy in a way that key chord combos simply don't.

I think this is partly because I personally can't do key chords at the same rate I can type a string of characters--even if they require technically the same number of keystrokes.
Like, I can type a 10 character command significantly faster than I can hit a number of different combinations of keys that also happen to be 10 keypresses.

I just personally find it really nice!