Re: Possible to exclude/include tags for agenda custom commands?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Possible to exclude/include tags for agenda custom commands?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:23:34 +0100

Hi Adam,

Adam Porter <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, I'd be glad for it to be listed on Worg.  Feel free to add it if
> you like, or I might add it myself after I add a bit more content.

I'll let you add a link to your page on Worg when you have the time.

> I was thinking about working on Worg rather than making yet another
> resource, but:
>
> 1.  I saw you mention that you're planning to reorganize Worg's content
> soon, and I wouldn't want to interfere with that.

Just to tell you a bit more about my plan: I will take the time to
work on Worg next week, creating a dedicated branch and publishing it
on orgmode.org/worg-next/ or something.

> 2.  I sometimes feel hesitant to put a lot of effort into curating and
> organizing content on Worg because, like all wikis, that work can easily
> be invalidated if others come along later and add content in random
> places.

Yes, I understand.  Worg was a place to gather contributions when the
Org users formed a small dedicated group.  Org's "community" is larger
now, and I think Org should be a place with less textual contents and
more links to useful stuff.  Like a giant structured FAQ, more than a
giant... mess.

> One of my goals for this "org-almanac" is to catalog content in a
> somewhat canonical way, to avoid the "wiki effect."  For this project,
> I'd rather have less content that's organized more clearly, than have
> lots of content scattered about.  Of course, I don't presume to say that
> the way I've done it is the best way, and I'm experimenting as I go.
>
> Anyway, do you have any more thoughts about these issues?

I think that your goals for org-almanac resemble the ones I have for
Worg: less content, clear structure, make it more maintainable, even
collectively.  Without sacrificing the current richness, of course.

This will be more tangible when I start pushing worg-next/.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien