Re: Survey: changing a few default settings for Org 9.4

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Survey: changing a few default settings for Org 9.4
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 00:53:23 +0100

Hi Vladimir,

Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'm tempted to count the number of fingers involved ;)
>
> C-c C-, s --> Ctrl  c , s
> < s TAB   --> Shift , s TAB
>
> ???

I added the smiley to make it clear it was a joke.

>> Which may not be *that* stupid when considering "fast" typing.
>> But eh, I don't want vimers to come and laugh at us.
>
> How this relate with the topic?

Well, it relates to the joke.

> Please, don't take decision so light (because
> some people just ask on (not very well-known) channel about something that
> even NOT documented), take in mind that quick solutions most of time are
> troublesome in long living products (programs).

I would not spend that much time and energy in discussing these
changes if I wasn't taking them seriously.

> P.S. I wouldn't mention any "number of fingers" or '"fast" typing' especially
> when I know that users may use different than QWERTY/QWERTZ/AZERTY keyboards
> and even DVORAK layout.

Typing text is one thing, hitting keybindings is another.

Some keybindings blend more easily into typing text, others don't.
Even if "convenience" is a subjective notion, it is useful to discuss
how we can improve our collective (although distributed) experience
on these topics.

I didn't get that part of your email:

  (because some people just ask on (not very well-known) channel about
  something that even NOT documented)

If you can explain it, thanks.

--
 Bastien