Re: ICS agenda export exceeds max-specpdl-size probably because of org-d

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: ICS agenda export exceeds max-specpdl-size probably because of org-depend (org-edna same?)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 16:54:58 +0100

Hi Bastien,

* Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> did you manage to fix this one?
>
> I read "Property drawers allowed before first headline" in
> etc/ORG-NEWS from the master branch:
>
>   Property drawers are now allowed before the first headline.
>
>   Org mode is moving more towards making things before the first
>   headline behave just as if it was at outline level 0.  Inheritance
>   for properties will work also for this level.  In other words:
>   defining things in a property drawer before the first headline will
>   make them "inheritable" for all headlines.
>
> I guess your problem might be related to this new behavior.

A couple days ago, the issue re-appeared (with org-depend being
active again). To me, this is a clear indicator, that the issue is
content-related and not config/binary-related:

Emacs 26.3:

: emacs --batch --load /home/vk/.emacs.d/init.el --eval '(progn
(my-export-agenda))'
: [...]
: Garbage collecting...
: Garbage collecting...done
: Garbage collecting...
: Garbage collecting...done
: Garbage collecting...
: Garbage collecting...done
: Position saved to mark ring, go back with ‘C-c &’.
: Position saved to mark ring, go back with ‘C-c &’.
: Position saved to mark ring, go back with ‘C-c &’.
: Position saved to mark ring, go back with ‘C-c &’.
: Position saved to mark ring, go back with ‘C-c &’.
: Position saved to mark ring, go back with ‘C-c &’.
: Garbage collecting...
: Garbage collecting...done
: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size
: emacs --batch --load /home/vk/.emacs.d/init.el --eval   8029,80s user 4,30s
system 99% cpu 2:14:02,16 total

Yes, that's over two hours.

With Emacs 27.0.50, the same job is currently running for over five hours. I
guess this will end with an error as well some day.

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/