Re: attachment: link type export to HTML invalid attach dir

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: attachment: link type export to HTML invalid attach dir
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 00:58:17 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> This is the first part of the suggested changes. These do not touch
> attachment modifications, but rather improve the tooling in "ol.el".

Thanks for working on this--and Kyle for the careful review.

> `org-link-parameters' accepts a new property, :open, which is
> like :follow, but function installed there is called with a universal
> prefix argument.

I'm not sure why the distinction between :open and :follow is needed
in the context of the discussion for exporting attachments: is it
because attachment need to be "open", not just followed?

> Also, :export function is called with a fourth argument, the export info
> channel. I updated the export back-ends to handle the new signature, and
> provided a compatibility layers for link libraries in the wild, which
> may still use three arguments.
>
> There are two new tools: `org-link-open-as-file' and
> `org-export-link-as-file'. They can be used as helper functions for,
> respectively, :open and :export functions.

> WDYT?

LGTM, feel free to go ahead when you want.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien