Re: Org agenda -- checking for invisible tasks after filtering...

From: Christian Schwarzgruber
Subject: Re: Org agenda -- checking for invisible tasks after filtering...
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 11:13:40 +0100

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Christian Schwarzgruber <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The question is now, is it possible to further reduce the advised
>> functions to just one advised function.
>
> I am sorry, I don't understand what change does it imply on Org's
> side.  Can you explain us a bit more?

Nothing need to be changed on Org's side (I guess). I'm just wondering if there
is a single spot where I can hook in (advice) to achieve the same as with the
currently two advice I use.

The project org-super-agenda advices `org-agenda-finalize-entries` and groups
the entries. However, when one uses the org filter functionality some groups
might be empty, which looks ugly. My implementation to handle that case is to
advice the following functions `org-agenda-filter-apply` and
`org-agenda-finalize`. Both will call the same function
`org-super-agenda--hide-or-show-groups`. If all tasks inside a group have the
invisible property set the group gets hidden as well, and vica versa.

The author of `org-super-agenda` doesn't like my implementation which uses
two advice. But I couldn't find a single spot where I can hook in, and check if
all tasks are hidden...

Thanks!

Christian