RE: attachment: link type export to HTML invalid attach dir

From: Gustav Wikström
Subject: RE: attachment: link type export to HTML invalid attach dir
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 22:07:41 +0000

What makes attachment links not be a core link type? As I see it we have two
categories here: Core = those inside Org mode. Not core = those in external
libraries. No other distinction needs to be made. If a link type is inside Org
mode, let it then use the special properties that Org mode provides. Attachment
links need to be treated just as file links in most regards. Since file-links
have special logic which attachment links also needs. Thus a reference to
attachment in org-element.el. Nothing strange here, nothing breaking and the
parser is still self-contained.

Maybe time for Bastien to step in. Because I can't remove the reference to
attachment in org-element.el without breaking it's functionality. Which, btw,
was broken before adding the reference in org-element.el. The thing that
started this discussion in the first place. We're in a better place now.
Attachment links works as intended. It would be a pity to have to change that
because of your argument that attachment links aren't "core" enough to be
mentioned in org-element.el.

Regards
Gustav