Re: org-babel strange html print in R

From: stardiviner
Subject: Re: org-babel strange html print in R
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 15:05:02 +0800

Jeremie Juste <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the input.
> I didn't see the full mail of stardiviner for some reason.

About this, I found Gmail put my emails into Spams folder. I can't figure out
what reasons. I also found similar situations in some people in Emacs-help guys.
Anyway, If you can, please report my emails "Not Spam". Thanks :)

> :results value html  in the following code generates an error for me.
> (Org mode version 9.2.3,R version 3.6.2).
> but :results value output the "html" in an org-table format
>
> #+begin_src R :results value html
> library(xtable)
> x <- rnorm(100)
> y <- x + rnorm(100)
> print(xtable(summary(lm(y ~ x))),type="html")
> #+end_src
>
> Best regards,
> Jeremie
>
> Jack Kamm <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> stardiviner <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> You should try ~:results value html~. Here is what I got correctly:
>>
>> Yes, this seems like the best solution for this case.
>>
>> On the other hand, it would be desirable if ":results output" didn't
>> mangle the output, due to trying to clean up prompts. There is probably
>> some corner case out there where this is a more serious issue -- but for
>> this case, it seems best to just use ":results value html".
>>
>> I was planning to submit my implementation of ":session :results output"
>> that avoids the prompt mangling [0], but now I'm leaning towards putting
>> this off, until a more compelling case arises to justify it.
>>
>> [0]
>> https://github.com/jackkamm/ob-session-async/blob/master/lisp/ob-session-async-R.el

- --
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning what I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3