Re: ICS agenda export exceeds max-specpdl-size probably because of org-d

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: ICS agenda export exceeds max-specpdl-size probably because of org-depend (org-edna same?)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 14:33:46 +0100

* Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Karl,

Hi Bastien,

> did you manage to fix this one?

Well ...

> I read "Property drawers allowed before first headline" in
> etc/ORG-NEWS from the master branch:
>
>   Property drawers are now allowed before the first headline.
>
>   Org mode is moving more towards making things before the first
>   headline behave just as if it was at outline level 0.  Inheritance
>   for properties will work also for this level.  In other words:
>   defining things in a property drawer before the first headline will
>   make them "inheritable" for all headlines.
>
> I guess your problem might be related to this new behavior.

Since I'm not using drawers before the first headline, I don't
understand how this might relate to my issue.

However, I just re-enabled org-depend which I had disabled for
batch mode only in order to get the export done. Then I ran the
batch process for the export and it finished without an error within
1min53sec. :-)

So the issue seems to be gone (for now) but I don't know why it
appeared in the first place nor why it disappeared in the meantime.

I'm using Org mode from maint. Currently on my side: d20e45b18 (3
days ago). The version that had the issue was from November or
December. I could provide the exact ID hash if anybody is
interested.

Thanks anyway and thanks for the pointer with the new feature. That
might come handy when there is a property which does not have a
file-local version.

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/