Re: Short captions

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Short captions
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 13:14:17 +0000

On Monday, 10 Feb 2020 at 23:20, Anthony Cowley wrote:
> I am having trouble understanding how short captions are supposed to
> work. Consider this org document:

[...]

> The first matches my expectations. The second is an example of taking
> the last bit of markup as the short caption. The third seems to lose
> the short caption altogether.

I can confirm (with a slightly out of date org) this behaviour which
does seem to be inconsistent and/or wrong.  However, I wasn't able to
find any discussion of short captions in the org manual so I'm not sure
if there are caveats on their use.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.2-199-ga557cf