Re: Possible bug report: URL capitalization in online manual

From: Ori
Subject: Re: Possible bug report: URL capitalization in online manual
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 14:25:57 -0500

I'm not sure which repo this all lives in but I believe since information has been added to the paths, this should be easy. The other direction would be trickier and would need the old scheme.

Wherever the current filename has capital letters after the first character, make an alias using the sentence-case version.

Happy to take a stab at this if you can point me to the repo!

Ori

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 2:15 PM Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ori,

Ori Barbut <address@hidden> writes:

> Not sure if this was intentional?

Yes -- old html manual pages where still around and I deleted them,
because they confused people.

> If so would it make sense to alias the old URLs for people who have
> linked to the manual over the years?

Yes, such aliases would make sense at the web server level.

Can you track back on when the new scheme has been output when
exporting the manual and provide an alias list I should add to
the web server?

That would really help a lot!

Thanks,

--