Re: org-startup-truncated default should be nil [legibility 2/6]

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: org-startup-truncated default should be nil [legibility 2/6]
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 10:16:23 +0000

On Thursday,  6 Feb 2020 at 17:46, Texas Cyberthal wrote:
> auto-fill-mode definitely isn't what I want.

Why not?  Just curious.  Before I switched to visual-line-mode for all
org documents, I used auto-fill-mode for prose all the time.  Together
with fill-paragraph (M-q), this did the job very well.

> Beyond that I don't understand your question.

My question was: what do you mean by paragraph navigation?  And,
supplementary, what is missing in vanilla emacs in this respect?

And, yes, if I had a beard, it would be grey. ;-) But I would be more
than happy to see new users embrace Emacs & org mode.  They are missing
out on a fantastic system.  Unfortunately, people are blind to the "it's
all text" paradigm due to the frills of buttons, mice, and menus which
paradoxically get in the way of productivity.

The same issues arise in the LaTeX vs Word debate... and having to
produce technical documents (articles, books, proposals, presentations)
for a living, LaTeX is the only way to go.  But this is for another
day. :-)

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.2-233-gc2bc48