Re: commit "328c9a1af * bad org.el: Enhance menus" caused error

From: stardiviner
Subject: Re: commit "328c9a1af * bad org.el: Enhance menus" caused error
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 15:11:30 +0800

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> stardiviner <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> BTW, the function ~org-insert-dblock-bindings~ is from package
>> =orgtbl-aggregate=.
>
> I don't know this function and this package.
>
> Can you share the minimal Emacs config with which you reproduce
> the problem?

Besides of package =orgtbl-aggregate=, seems another package
=orgtbl-ascii-plot= use
same code to define menu too. Here is its code:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
;;;###autoload
(defun orgtbl-ascii-plot-bindings ()
  (org-defkey org-mode-map "\C-c\"a"  'orgtbl-ascii-plot)
  (org-defkey org-mode-map "\C-c\"g"  'org-plot/gnuplot)
  (easy-menu-add-item
   org-tbl-menu '("Column")
   ["Ascii plot" orgtbl-ascii-plot t]))

;;;###autoload
(if (functionp 'org-defkey)
    (orgtbl-ascii-plot-bindings) ;; org-mode already loaded
  (setq org-load-hook            ;; org-mode will be loaded later
              (cons 'orgtbl-ascii-plot-bindings
                    (if (boundp 'org-load-hook)
                              org-load-hook))))
#+end_src

Bastien, might consider add a hook after loaded org menus? Like named
~org-menu-after-loaded-hook~ or something else? So third libraries can define
menu
entries with function added on the hook. I think those packages will have to
updated with patches?

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning what I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3