Re: How to set time limit and memory limit for execution of source block

From: stardiviner
Subject: Re: How to set time limit and memory limit for execution of source blocks
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 13:16:13 +0800

Anoop GR <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Emacs hackers,
>
> Like all of you, I think orgmode is the best way to organise study notes.
>
> I am solving competitive programming questions from Topcoder.com
> There are strict guidelines on memory limit of 256MB and time limit of 2sec
> for solutions
>
> How do I enforce the same on my orgmode source blocks.
> I want the execution to stop whenever it exceeds the above limits on memory
> and time.
>
> Long live Emacs,
> Anoop

Just an possible solution, use Emacs advice on org-babel-execute:<lang> to
modify the language execute command. Prepend with Linux commands which can limit
process resources.

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning what I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3