getting item information in an export filter?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: getting item information in an export filter?
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 09:15:43 -0500

In https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/55231/org-mode-export-html-add-name-attirbute-to-checkbox-input

there was a question about modifying a checkbox export. I wrote an answer using a custom translate function in a derived backend, where I could get the name of the parent list pretty easily.

It seems like that should also be possible in a filter, but I don't understand how to find the parent list in that case. I think it is buried in the info.

Is there a general way to get to the org-element information for something in an export filter function?

John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering