Re: Asymptote figure in footnote

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Re: Asymptote figure in footnote
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 18:43:13 +0200

>> This has to be a borderline case, but I need some Asympote-generated
>> figures in footnotes. The following does not seem to work.
>>
>> [fn:: src_asy[:filename foo.pdf]{size(8cm,0); draw (unitcircle);}]
>
> The following works here:
>
>   [fn:: src_asymptote[:file foo.pdf]{size(8cm,0); draw (unitcircle);}]

Thank you and sorry.

That was pathetic, but it has been a long day. And continues.

Do you have an idea of how to control the size of the pic in the
footnote? The default is .9\linewidth. I figured a workaround (below),
but would prefer the structure above.

The workaround is to produce the asy image with a regular src block,
exporting nothing, and then using inline latex in footnote as follows:

[fn:: @@latex:\includegraphics[width.3\linewidth]{sine-curve-a.pdf}@@]

And, once again, I am amazed by Org's capabilities! :D

Jarmo