Re: Bug: org-babel-expand-noweb-references is very slow [9.1.9 (release_

From: Vladimir Nikishkin
Subject: Re: Bug: org-babel-expand-noweb-references is very slow [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/)]
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 10:18:51 +0800

Hm...

I am attaching the file in which tangling is still slow.

The file is quite big, but that alone doesn't seem to be the reason
for slowliness (I tried adding 1M-long words in the random places of
the previous mwe).

You can see the result by C-c C-v C-v'ing the code block at the
"Ramanujan numbers" heading.

Below is the profiler report for C-c C-v C-v'ing.with the heaviest
blocks expanded:

- command-execute                                               52967  87%
 - call-interactively                                           52967  87%
  - funcall-interactively                                       52655  87%
   - org-babel-expand-src-block                                 52505  86%
    - org-babel-expand-noweb-references                         52424  86%
     - org-babel-get-src-block-info                             35019  57%
      - org-babel-params-from-properties                        28142  46%
       - org-entry-get                                          27753  45%
        - org-entry-get-with-inheritance                        27683  45%
         - org-up-heading-safe                                  26176  43%
          + org-back-to-heading                                   148   0%
            org-outline-level                                      73   0%
         + org--property-local-values                            1318   2%
         + org-back-to-heading                                     19   0%
           org--property-global-value                               6   0%
          member-ignore-case                                       22   0%
       + org-babel-parse-header-arguments                         359   0%
         #<compiled 0x2495bf1>                                      5   0%
      + org-src-coderef-format                                   2533   4%
      + org-element-context                                      2521   4%
      + org-babel--normalize-body                                1082   1%
      + mapcar                                                    473   0%
      + apply                                                     212   0%
        org-element-property                                        5   0%
     - org-in-commented-heading-p                               13928  23%
      - org-in-commented-heading-p                              10418  17%
       - org-up-heading-safe                                     9136  15%
          org-outline-level                                        22   0%
        + org-back-to-heading                                       7   0%
       + org-in-commented-heading-p                              1073   1%
       + org-heading-components                                    63   0%
       + org-before-first-heading-p                                45   0%
      + org-up-heading-safe                                      3147   5%
      + org-heading-components                                    142   0%
      + org-before-first-heading-p                                 95   0%
     + org-babel-active-location-p                               2594   4%
     + org-babel-ref-goto-headline-id                             139   0%
     + #<compiled 0x106c419>                                        1   0%
     + #<compiled 0x19f41bd>                                        1   0%
    + org-edit-src-code                                            50   0%
    + org-babel-get-src-block-info                                 21   0%
   + execute-extended-command                                     138   0%
   + org-edit-src-exit                                              5   0%
     scroll-down-command                                            4   0%
     mouse-select-window                                            2   0%
     scroll-up-command                                              1   0%
  + byte-code                                                     312   0%
+ ...                                                            7409  12%
+ timer-event-handler                                              54   0%
+ mouse-fixup-help-message                                         35   0%
+ flyspell-post-command-hook                                       22   0%
+ redisplay_internal (C function)                                  16   0%
+ tooltip-show-help                                                 4   0%
  undefined                                                         2   0%

--
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Nikishkin