Re: Long links

From: Steven Penny
Subject: Re: Long links
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 08:02:23 -0600

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 2:03 AM Fraga, Eric wrote:
> Your original post simply said you wished to wrap long lines and you
> said "Does Org Mode have some way to deal with this?".  Trey gave you
> one way: use visual-line-mode (which is also what I use and have done
> for years).  His response was on-topic.

If I was not clear initially I apologize, but I think in the mails since I have
made it exceeding clear what the expected input and output should be. But just
in case, here it is again. For this Org Mode input or similar (note the multiple
lines):

https://lists.gnu.org/
archive/html

this HTML output should be produced:

<a
href="https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html";>https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html</a>

Some valid suggestions are here already:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-12/msg00423.html

So you can understand why I was annoyed when Trey started his off topic
discussion about hard versus soft wrapping.