Re: problem with org-toggle-inline-images

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: problem with org-toggle-inline-images
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 12:59:56 +0100

Johannes Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> Typing C-c C-x C-v the image is displayed in the org buffer
> correctly. Typing C-c C-x C-v again the image does not disappear and I
> get the error message:
>
> org-toggle-inline-images: Symbol’s value as variable is void: image-map
>
> Any hints what is going wrong?
>
> I am using
> Aquamacs 3.5  GNU Emacs 25.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0, NS
> macOs 10.15.2
> Org mode version 9.3 (9.3-8-geab7c4-ELPA

IIUC variable image-map was introduced with Emacs 26.  This looks like a
good explanation of the behavior in your environment.

A natural fix is committed, I think.  Would be great if you could test
this fix.

If you want to use the image key map to rotate and zoom inline images in
Org you need to upgrade to Emacs 26, though.

Thanks again and best regards.