Re: Properties Drawer versus tags

From: Allen Li
Subject: Re: Properties Drawer versus tags
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 20:54:22 +0900

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 3:25 PM Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> wrote:

> Very simple, largely philosophical question: When/why use a properties drawer
> below a heading versus just using tags on the heading? What are the
> advantages, disadvantages of both?

I believe tag filtering has better performance than property
filtering.  Also, I think that tags were initially designed/intended
primarily for filtering in agenda views (more wizened users can
correct me on both points).

Tags also have better visibility, as they are visible by default on
each heading line in the buffer and in the agenda.