backup of abbrev_defs

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: backup of abbrev_defs
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 11:02:28 +0000

This is slightly off topic but I really need some help.

How can I reliably backup my abbrev_defs file along with my usual
backups of my org files, every time that it is saved with a new addition
please?

I've tried using a symlink to the file held in another directory, but
when I restarted emacs the symlink wasn't followed and it created a new
abbrev_def file from somewhere, I don't know where. The new file was
only 5.7kbs, whereas the correct one is 10.4kbs! I had to copy over all
my savings to the new file so that it was able to be read and used.

Hopefully, thanks
Sharon.
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 10.1, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 26.3, org 9.3