Re: Emacs bug 37890; killing capture buffer

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: Emacs bug 37890; killing capture buffer
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 11:40:09 -0600

Hi Michael,

Michael Heerdegen <address@hidden> writes:

> Would you consider to do something like this by default?

I guess you're asking me, since I'm the only other person in this
thread--but I'm not an Org maintainer, so my opinion isn't very
important.  IMO, the hooks are worth considering, however they should be
done very, very carefully, because bad things can happen when functions
called in kill hooks don't work as expected (e.g. they can make it very
difficult to kill a buffer or the Emacs process, especially for an
average user).

> BTW, what about my question whether my original bug report can be
> closed?

I haven't seen your bug report.  Was there discussion about it
previously?

Adam