Re: Babel: Store script in external file

From: Michael Gauland
Subject: Re: Babel: Store script in external file
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 10:53:51 +1300

I've just started playing with #+INCLUDE, so I may not be using it correctly, but this works for me.

I have a file 'sh_test', which looks like:
for i in $(seq 10); do
    echo $i
done

My org file:
#+HEADER: :exports both
#+INCLUDE: "sh_test" src sh

And the results:

,----
| for i in $(seq 10); do
|     echo $i
| done
`----

  1
  2
  3
  4
  5
  6
  7
  8
  9
 10

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Mike

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 2:22 PM Nathan Neff <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

I think I'm missing something basic:  I'd like to have something like this:

#+begin_src python
#+filename: foo.py

Instead of storing my Python code in the current org file, I would like
Babel to read foo.py and execute it, as if it was inside the .org file.

The foo.py mentioned above is fairly large, and I would like the code
to be stored in a different file than my .org file, for brevity.

Any ideas?  I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks,
--Nate