Re: Bug: xxx [9.3 (9.3-8-geab7c4-elpa @ c:/Users/Scott/.emacs.d/elpa/org

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: Bug: xxx [9.3 (9.3-8-geab7c4-elpa @ c:/Users/Scott/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20191209/)]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 11:44:38 -0500

Scott Otterson <address@hidden> writes:

> A function I wrote a few months ago is now failing because it's
> unable to find the org function "org-at-target-p".  I think this was
> originally in org.el but I can't find it there now.
>
> If this function was removed intentionally could someone suggest a
> new function that can do the same thing?  org-at-target-p used to
> return true if the cursor is on a dedicated target.

This happened with commit

,----
| commit a486d9cbd7491741554944a116f81b02f6b35e4b (HEAD, refs/bisect/bad)
| Author: Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden>
| Date:   Tue Nov 27 00:04:41 2018 +0100
|
|     Move link-related core functions out of "org.el"
`----

The fact that the function disappears with no mention in the commit
message (where about 60 other functions are mentioned) leads me to
believe that it was unintentional, but of course, Nicolas will have
to confirm one way or the other.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler