Re: Bug: Orgguide missing in Org-9.3 package [9.3 (9.3-elpa @ /home/Davi

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: Orgguide missing in Org-9.3 package [9.3 (9.3-elpa @ /home/David/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.3/)]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 03:41:48 +0000

>> Sorry, I don't have write access.  But this issue seems to be about the
>> Org ELPA tarball, so I don't understand how it'd be related to the
>> recent Org sync with the Emacs repo.
>
> That's because I misread the bug report and though it was related to
> Emacs master branch.
>
> In any case, Org ELPA tarball and files merged with Emacs are two
> different things. IOW, even if ELPA tarball contains the Org guide, it
> is not sufficient for Emacs to ship it, too. So this also needs to be
> fixed on the Emacs' side, AFAIU.

Agreed, we should include orgguide.texi alongside org.tex in Emacs's
doc/misc/.  I've cc'd Bastien in case he'd like to adjust the latest
sync, though, given that orgguide has existed for a long time and has
never been included in the Emacs repo (AFAICS), I also don't see a
problem with waiting for the next sync until handling it.

>> Assuming there's not a good reason that orgguide is omitted, I think
>> fixing this is just a matter of adding orgguide to server.mk's
>> ORGELPA variable.
>
> I have no objection, but, per above, we should check if there's
> something to do in the Emacs repository, too.

OK, I'll apply that patch.

Thanks.