Re: Bug: Orgguide missing in Org-9.3 package [9.3 (9.3-elpa @ /home/Davi

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Bug: Orgguide missing in Org-9.3 package [9.3 (9.3-elpa @ /home/David/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.3/)]
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 15:52:03 +0100

Hello,

Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry, I don't have write access.  But this issue seems to be about the
> Org ELPA tarball, so I don't understand how it'd be related to the
> recent Org sync with the Emacs repo.

That's because I misread the bug report and though it was related to
Emacs master branch.

In any case, Org ELPA tarball and files merged with Emacs are two
different things. IOW, even if ELPA tarball contains the Org guide, it
is not sufficient for Emacs to ship it, too. So this also needs to be
fixed on the Emacs' side, AFAIU.

> Checking the tarball at <https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/org-9.3.tar> as
> well as some recent ones at <https://orgmode.org/elpa/>, I didn't spot
> orgguide in any of them.  And when I run `make elpa' from the Org repo,
> the tarball indeed seems to be missing the orgguide info file.  Assuming
> there's not a good reason that orgguide is omitted, I think fixing this
> is just a matter of adding orgguide to server.mk's ORGELPA variable.

I have no objection, but, per above, we should check if there's
something to do in the Emacs repository, too.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou