Re: Bug: org-use-fast-todo-selection prefix option removed [9.3 (9.3-elp

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: org-use-fast-todo-selection prefix option removed [9.3 (9.3-elpaplus @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20191203/)]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 20:48:06 -0500

Allen Li <address@hidden> writes:

> The option to set org-use-fast-todo-selection to 'prefix was removed
> without my noticing.  This breaks my workflow since I like the default
> cycling behavior and only occasionally use fast todo selection to
> switch between todo state sets.
>
> It was removed in commit f1c030bed54737319aeb1d592e3340d6a48cea3a

Carsten proposed that change here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-08/msg00138.html

A couple of people chimed in to say they were in favor and nobody raised
an objection.  I personally prefer the new behavior as well.

While I think we should reassess that change if it turns out that it
breaks many people's workflow, for now I'd recommend that you advise
org-todo.