Re: Include lines in setupfile are not evaluated: bug or feature?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Include lines in setupfile are not evaluated: bug or feature?
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 09:38:14 +0100

Hello,

Jarmo Hurri <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok. As a programmer I was hoping to mix them, because it would be
> logical to have _one_ header file that defines all the common things for
> a set of related files.

Again, there is no overlap between the two keywords. SETUPFILE is what
you want. INCLUDE is only meaningful during export (and is only
documented there). I cannot think of a real situation where you would
need both for the same file.

> Do I understand correctly: the description in the documentation is not
> correct in the sense that not all contents from SETUPFILE is evaluated
> as if it were included in the buffer?

I think the document is correct, although I understand it can be
misleading: it uses the verb "to include", but with a different meaning
than INCLUDE keyword. It includes in-buffer settings, not full contents.

> I am just trying to think about how this limitation, if it exists,
> should be expressed in documentation. Shall I give it a try?

Sure, but please do not mix SETUPFILE and INCLUDE, which are unrelated.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou