Re: Incompatible changes regarding link

From: Kiwon Um
Subject: Re: Incompatible changes regarding link
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 21:55:24 +0100

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 9:33 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Kiwon Um <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I just noticed that the recent updates regarding the bracket link escaping
> > syntax seem to have an issue.
> >
> > Does anybody happen to know how to put a pair of [] around a link without
> > using "zero width space" or something similar?
> > For example,
> > [[[https://somewhere-to-url][My Link]]] does not succeed in exporting to
> > HTML showing "Unable to resolve link: "[https://somewhere-to-url"";.
>
> I don't see any issue here. The "zero width space" is exactly for that
> situation.
> But, honestly, the fact that it worked differently in the past is the
> real issue. The current interpretation is correct.

I didn't know what the issue in the past interpretation was, but I am
just not sure whether it's a good idea to enforce that we must use
such a special character, which we cannot directly see from the
editor.

> > [[https://somewhere-to-url][[My Link]]] is not properly exported; the
> > closing bracket "]" is not included in the exported link.
>
> This looks like a different problem. If you want to include the
> brackets, you need to escape them, as explained in the ORG-NEWS
> document, or in the manual:
>
>   [[https://somewhere-to-url][\[My Link\]]]

Unfortunately, this doesn't work either.
[[https://www.youtube.com/][\[You Tube\]]] is exported as <a
href="https://www.youtube.com/";>\[You Tube\</a>]

Regards,
Kiwon