Re: noweb multiple block together

From: Sebastian Miele
Subject: Re: noweb multiple block together
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 06:24:57 +0000

Hi Ken,

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

> When tangling blocks, I can tangle multiple blocks by setting a
> (sub)-tree level property, or ":tangle foo" in multiple headers. Is
> there a way to achieve the same thing with noweb?
>
> I've tried giving multiple blocks the same "+name:" and then <<name>>,
> but only one seems to be included. Does this feature exist through
> some mechanism?

A block named by #+name: should always be unique per file. Otherwise the
Org tangling code that I looked at until now (which is most or even all
in the master branch) just uses the first one found, without checking
for duplicates.

On the other hand there is the possibility to give a common name to
multiple blocks via the header arg :noweb-ref. That works in the way you
looking for.

There is a further difference between these two kinds of naming: With
blocks named by :noweb-ref it is not possible to do something like
<<name(args)>>. Only <<name>>, i.e. plain inclusion, is possible.

Best wishes
Sebastian