Re: Editting from the agenda view

From: Shérab
Subject: Re: Editting from the agenda view
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 12:52:55 +0100

Hello Eric, many thanks for your help!

Eric Abrahamsen (2019/11/22 09:07 -0800):
> Shérab <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi Diego, many thanks for your prompt response!
> >
> > Diego Zamboni (2019/11/22 16:55 +0100):
> >> Hi Shérab,
> >>
> >> I usually press Enter on the entry, which takes you to the file from where
> >> it came, and you can edit it there.
> >
> > I tried and it worked, thanks! Does this leave the agenda view and you
> > then return to it as you enter it the fiirst time, e.g. C-c a a ?
> >
> > Is there a way to return to the agenda view exactly where one was when
> > pressing enter?
>
> If you use <TAB> instead of <RET>, the underlying org file will be
> popped up next to the agenda, instead of replacing it.

Yes, that worked, thanks!

> When you're done
> editing use `other-window' to get back to the agenda, then "o" to close
> other windows.

To go back to the other window (the agenda view) I used C-x o and that
worked but the agenda view had not been updated and it didn't get
updated when I then pressed 'o' to close other windows. IS that the
expected behaviour? Somehow I'd like that the agenda view gets refreshed
automatically at some point, if that's possible?

Thanks again Eric, it does help!

Shérab.