Re: Different exporters behave differently re exporter-specific lines

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Different exporters behave differently re exporter-specific lines
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 16:54:34 +0100

Hello,

Thibault Polge <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not sure how this feature is called, but in Org you can restrict a line
> to a given exporter by prepending it with, eg, #+latex:
>
> There's a bug with some exporters f treat these lines as paragraph breaks,
> some don't.  For example, the following input:

This is not a bug in the exporters. The discrepancy exists in the output
languages, in particular in paragraphs. Org uses a definition of
a paragraph close to LaTeX's, so an Org paragraph isn't quite a HTML
paragraph.

> Hello
>
> #+latex: \TeX{}
> World
>
> #+html: Wide Web
> !
>
> Is exported to LaTeX as a single line,

I doubt it. There are 3 paragraphs, even for LaTeX, since there are
empty lines.

> "Hello TeX World !", but to HTML
> as separate paragraphs:

> Hello
> World
> Wide Web
> !
>
> I wouldn't except these lines to introduce any paragraphs break.

Of course they should. You should look at the definition of a paragraph,
per Org syntax. Keywords cannot belong to a paragraph.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou