Re: Discrepancy between documentation and implementation regarding comme

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: Discrepancy between documentation and implementation regarding comments
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 15:09:49 -0500

I agree with Robert that "whitespace" includes newlines in "Emacsland."
For example, with this document (the second "#" has a newline
immediately after, no spaces or tabs):

#+BEGIN_SRC org
foo

# comment

bar

#

buzz
#+END_SRC

This code matches both lines that begin with "#":

  (re-search-forward (rx bol "#" (1+ space)))

But this code only matches the first one, because "blank" only matches
"horizontal whitespace":

  (re-search-forward (rx bol "#" (1+ blank)))

So I think Pandoc is technically at fault here.  However, outside of
Emacs's own context, I can see how the the documentation could be
misinterpreted in this case, so it's hard to fault them too much.  :)