Re: [O] Feature Proposal: Titled Paragraphs

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Feature Proposal: Titled Paragraphs
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 18:44:40 +0200

Hello,

Christoph Michelbach <address@hidden> writes:

> I often write documents in org mode that are going to be exported to
> PDF via LaTeX and find myself writing something like
>
>    \paragraph{Lorem Ipsum} Duis ac nibh cursus, elementum ipsum quis,
>    faucibus sapien.
>
>    \paragraph{Interdum} Cras volutpat, sem eu semper ultrices, risus
>    lacus tempor erat, eu pulvinar magna arcu sit amet massa.
>
> a lot, therefore mixing very simple Latex into my org documents simply
> because I want titled paragraphs. This comes with the further
> disadvantage that there is no syntax highlighting for it while
> editing.

There is nothing wrong with using simple LaTeX in Org files, if you
intent to export to PDF. Org doesn't provide equivalents for \bigskip,
or \vspace, or \hfill…

Anyhow, you could use a macro, if you want to make it look more Org-ish,
or try to use keywords, e.g.,

    #+attr_latex: :title Whatever
    Foo...

Changing the syntax is the very last thing to consider, IMO.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou