Re: [O] Emacs master, faces with :extend t let cursor vanish at EOL?!

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs master, faces with :extend t let cursor vanish at EOL?!
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 19:06:46 +0300

> From: Kaushal Modi <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 16:17:04 -0400
> Cc: emacs-org list <address@hidden>,
>  Ingo Lohmar <address@hidden>

I suggest not to cross-post to 2 mailing lists.

> The issue occurs because of the new :extend feature for faces to extend till
> end of lines.
>
> With that enabled, I have also seen that the cursor "hides" automatically
> only at end of lines inside the Org
> source blocks. i.e within
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (message "hello")X
> #+end_src
>
> Above: X is where the cursor would be, but it would not be visible (with the
> :extend t added to the org-block
> face). The cursor would show up again on doing C-b i.e. bringing it to any
> column position other than the
> EOL.

I tried to reproduce this, but couldn't.  The OP says "often", so I
understand the problem is not 100% reproducible and the exact
situations in which it arises are not yet known.

So I suggest to find a reproducible recipe and then report it with
report-emacs-bug, so that the problem could be debugged and solved.

Thanks.