Re: [O] Help with "macro"

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] Help with "macro"
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 15:16:14 -0500

Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to implement a function to display the TODO items of the
> currently highlighted item in the agenda and have a few questions:
>
> Goal:
>
> 1) From the agenda, place the cursor on a heading.
>
> 2) Press a key and instantly narrow the agenda to the heading which
> the cursor is on.
>
> 3) Display org-todo-list for the "narrowed" item in a new buffer, with
> the name "agenda for <heading name>" or perhaps "agenda for <property
> "PROP" of the narrowed item"
>
> 4) Keep the existing original agenda view (using sticky or some other
> tactic).

Agenda restrictions are awkward to work with.  I recommend using org-ql
for this sort of thing, since it's designed to do things like this.
This seems to work:

(defun nn/agenda-item-todos ()
  (interactive)
  (org-with-point-at (org-get-at-bol 'org-marker)
    (save-restriction
      (org-narrow-to-subtree)
      (org-ql-search (current-buffer)
        '(todo)