[O] org-download-screenshot on MacOS Catalina

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: [O] org-download-screenshot on MacOS Catalina
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 15:55:04 +0000

I just upgraded to MacOS 10.15 and am experiencing some pain.

The faithful org-download-screenshot from
https://github.com/abo-abo/org-download stopped working.

Instead of capturing a window or selection, it just copied the background.

This - forbidding screen capture - is considered a security feature.

After some trial-and-error I managed to get org-download-screenshot working
again by editing System Preferences:

- Allowing Ruby access to Screen Record
- Allowing Emacs to run software locally that does not meet the system's
security policy (this is under Developer Tools).

FWIW, I set  `org-download-screenshot-method' to "/usr/sbin/screencapture -s %s"

If someone can advise me on a better way to enable org-download-screenshot on
Catalina, I would appreciate your advice.

Best,

Chuck