Re: [O] Org-contacts and extra spaces

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Org-contacts and extra spaces
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 09:59:17 -0700

Norman Walsh <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> If I complete an email address with org-contacts, I get extra spaces
> after the email address:
>
>   To: Jane Doe <address@hidden>_ _ _ _[cursor]
>
> Is this just me? Before I go digging for a solution, has anyone else
> encountered and fixed this?

The only time I ever saw something like this was in message-mode, using
C-M-i/completion-at-point to complete mail addresses. If I recall
correctly, it was caused by message-mode's idiosyncratic partial support
for the built-in completion mechanisms. In EBDB I had to add a cleanup
function to `choose-completion-string-functions' to remove the
whitespace.

Could that be what you're seeing?