Re: [O] Adding times in a table

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: [O] Adding times in a table
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 16:46:23 +0000

On Saturday, 21 Sep 2019 at 19:06, gmx wrote:
> Which formula should I use to obtain the result (hh:mm) of the sum of
> the times in the last cell of column 2? I tried this one : #+TBLFM:
> @>$2=vsum(@2$2..@3$2). Result : 1:4

The underlying calculations are done using the Emacs Calc system.  In
this system, : is used to represent ratios.  If you want hours, minutes,
seconds, you need to use a different syntax.  For instance, your table
could look like this:

#+begin_src org
  |     1 | 0@ 53'   |
  |     2 | 3@ 12'   |
  | Total | 4@ 5' 0" |
  ,#+TBLFM: @3$2=vsum(@I..@II)
#+end_src

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-401-gfabd6d